It’s been ten months since my last update!
In the intervening months I have –
- acquired a new tattoo
- visited Glasgow twice
- stayed overnight at the very beautiful Gladstone’s Library
- revisited my youth at a Squeeze concert
- enjoyed a local theatre production of Terry Pratchett’s Wyrd Sisters
- visited London three times
- bought a new (pre-owned) car
- visited Cardiff twice
- won in an auction a screen-print from the Royal Shakespeare Company’s wardrobe department
- won in an auction a theatre poster signed by most of the cast
- entered several short story competitions
- changed jobs
- attended a Stereophonics concert
- completed the final module of my six-year degree course with the Open University
My new tattoo was a birthday gift to myself, to celebrate another decade of life – my philosophy is that BIG birthdays that end with a zero should be marked as flamboyantly as possible. At 40, I had my long curly dark brown hair chopped off and bleached white blonde. My next big birthday was the excuse I needed to have my first tattoo, a celtic knot design, and I waited another ten years to have my third (the second was a memorial tattoo). I chose this design to represent my love of writing and my belief that white feathers are a message from those who have passed away.
What are your thoughts on tattoos?
If that’s too contentious a subject, tell me what you’ve been up to since last August – let’s catch up!